When you're a cleaning business owner, it can be hard to maintain a positive attitude on a daily basis. After all, we're responsible for making sure all our customers are happy and satisfied with the work we do every single day -- and that's not an easy thing to do. Plus, if you have employees, you know that this is a challenge all its own. Nothing can ruin a day quicker than an employee who calls 5 minutes before his shift, telling you he's not coming in to work tonight. Or worse yet, doesn't show and doesn't call!
So what's a cleaning business owner to do to maintain a positive attitude? Here are some tips:
- Surround yourself with positive people. Nothing drags a person down faster than being around someone who's negative and complaining all the time. But if you have people around you who are upbeat, positive, and make you laugh, suddenly your problems don't seem quite so bad.
- Don't listen to the negative talk of other people. Do you have friends or family members who just don't get what you do or why you work so hard? Do you question yourself after talking to them? Don't let them get to you...maybe they're just jealous ;-)
- Make an effort to talk positively instead of negatively. Tell your customers how you can solve the problem. Don't tell them why you can't.
- Read positive and inspiring books or listen to positive and inspiring CD's. The more you read and listen to positive information, the more your thoughts become positive.
- Work at maintaining a positive attitude every day. It's not something that happens overnight. You need to work at it.