I've talked to hundreds of cleaning business owners over the years, and I've found that many of the successful ones share the following when it comes to succeeding in the business:
- Passion for the business. A lot of people get into the cleaning business because they're desperate to get out of their current job and this sounds like an easy way to start a business. But if you don't feel a burning passion for your business, it will soon become more like the job you're trying to get out of. Successful cleaning business owners have an energy about them; they're full of excitement and enthusiasm about their business.
- Vision and a plan. Successful cleaning business owners know what they want from their business and they can easily visualize it. But a vision won't get you anywhere without a plan. When you put the two together, you've got a winning combination.
- Will to succeed. If you want to be successful in your cleaning business, you must have the will to succeed. Are you tenacious about making your business work? If you are, you'll see all the problems and challenges that WILL come along as opportunities; and you won't throw in the towel because the going gets tough.
- Take calculated risks. If you want to be successful you must get out of your comfort zone. If you stay in your comfort zone you'll never grow your business. At some point you'll need to invest in equipment and technology, hire more staff, or take on larger accounts. In order to do that you'll need to take a risk by getting a loan, delegating more responsibility to employees, or marketing on a larger scale. But if you plan for the growth and take calculated risks, you'll succeed at growing your business.
- Surround yourself with the right people. The biggest struggle you'll have in growing your business is finding the right people to help you grow. If you continually make the wrong hiring decisions, your growth will either stagnate or get out of control. Start looking for the right people TODAY!
What ELSE do you need to succeed in the cleaning business? Post your thoughts by clicking on the Comments link below.